EFF files papers alleging AT&T illegally taps comms for NSA

Perry E. Metzger perry at piermont.com
Fri Apr 7 12:29:37 EDT 2006

EFF has filed papers in a court case that claim that AT&T illegally
turns over taps of internet communications to the NSA.

This has been reported in several places but I thought I would bring
it up here. Excerpt from the press release:

   "The evidence that we are filing supports our claim that AT&T is
   diverting Internet traffic into the hands of the NSA wholesale, in
   violation of federal wiretapping laws and the Fourth Amendment," said
   EFF Staff Attorney Kevin Bankston. "More than just threatening
   individuals' privacy, AT&T's apparent choice to give the government
   secret, direct access to millions of ordinary Americans' Internet
   communications is a threat to the Constitution itself. We are asking
   the Court to put a stop to it now."

http://www.eff.org/news/archives/2006_04.php#004538

Perry E. Metzger		perry at piermont.com