PKI too confusing to prevent phishing, part 28

dan at geer.org dan at geer.org
Wed Sep 28 07:09:11 EDT 2005

<snipped>

 | >Talking about users as being able only to hold one bit continues an
 | >unfortunate attitude that, if only users weren't so dumb/careless/whatever,
 | >we wouldn't have all these security problems.
 |
 | This is an important point.

In November, 2003, the Computing Research Association,
and the NSF held a sequestered workshop in Virginia
to ascertain what "Grand Challenges" should drive
the NSF funding priorities for the ensuing ten years.
You can see more on this here[1], but one of the four
Grand Challenges was that there be enough advances
that one did not have to be an expert to be safe.

--dan

[1]
http://www.cra.org/Activities/grand.challenges/security/home.html