An overview of cryptographic protocols to prevent spam

John Gilmore gnu at toad.com
Mon Sep 26 01:25:45 EDT 2005

> I wrote an overview of Cryptographic Protocols to Prevent Spam,

I stopped reading on page V -- it was too painfully obvious that Amir
has bought into the whole censorship-list based "anti-spam" mentality.

It was hard to get from paragraph to paragraph without finding
approving mentions of blacklists.  I am a victim of many such
blacklists.  May Amir never appear on one, or his unthinking
acceptance of blacklisting might change.  His analysis made me think
of clinical reviews of experiments done on human subjects in prison
camps -- careful to focus on the facts while ignoring the obvious
moral problems.

Interspersed were discussions of various kinds of port blocking.  The
Internet is too good for people who'd censor other peoples'
communications, whether by port number (application) or by IP address
(person).  It saddens me to see many of my friends among that lot.

	John Gilmore