Pseudorandom Number Generator in Ansi X9.17

Terence Joseph tjormor at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 10 05:33:18 EST 2005

Hi,

The Pseudorandom Number Generator specified in Ansi X9.17 used to be one of
the best PRNGs available if I am correct.  I was just wondering if this is
still considered to be the case?  Is it widely used in practical situations
or is there some better implementation available?  What would be the
advantages/disadvantages of modifying the Ansi X9.17 PRNG to use AES instead
of 3DES? Is this feasible at all?

Best Regards,
Terence