[Clips] MIT Real ID Meeting Postponed to December 5th, AND Homeland Security to Propose Regulations - Join the Discussion

R. A. Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Wed Nov 9 18:43:50 EST 2005

--- begin forwarded text

 Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 18:43:07 -0500
 To: "Philodox Clips List" <clips at philodox.com>
 From: "R. A. Hettinga" <rah at shipwright.com>
 Subject: [Clips] MIT Real ID Meeting Postponed to December 5th, AND Homeland
  Security to Propose Regulations - Join the Discussion
 Sender: clips-bounces at philodox.com

 --- begin forwarded text

 Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 15:16:43 -0800 (PST)
 From: "Daniel J. Greenwood" <dang at media.mit.edu>
 Security to Propose Regulations - Join the Discussion
 To: dang at media.mit.edu

  ** In-Person Event Postponed to December 5th, 2005 **

 This note is to inform you that the MIT Real ID Forum
 in-person meeting will take place on Monday, December
 5th, 2005 at the Media Lab at MIT.  The event will
 take place from 9am to 3pm.  I encourage you to
 register, if you had not already, at
 http://ecitizen.mit.edu/realid.html and to participate
 in our pre-conference online discussion, at
 http://ecitizen.mit.edu/realid.html.

 The program had to be postponed from November 17th due
 to a last minute important meeting called by the
 Department of Homeland Security on regulations
 implementing the Real ID Act related to privacy.
 Understandably, key privacy advocates and relevant
 Homeland Security individuals must now attend this
 meeting in Washington, DC.  For this reason, we have
 decided to postpone the event to December 5th.  We
 apoligize for any inconvenience this may cause.

 ** Regulations Under Real ID -- Join the Discussion **

 I invite anybody on this list who may have opinions
 you wish to share on the topic of Real ID regulatory
 issues to post those ideas to our online forum under
 the new topic "Homeland Security Regulations".  This
 topic thread is for participants in this Online Forum
 on the Real ID Act to share ideas you may have on
 problems and prospects associated with potential
 regulations under this federal law.

 All comments posted to this thread will be presented,
 as part of our conference proceedings, and published
 as part of our in-person conference to happen on
 December 5, 2005.  The conference proceedings will
 also be presented to the Department of Homeland
 Security, as a record of the remarks made by
 participants, for their considerations as they
 determine how to implement the Real ID Act.  I
 encourage you to attend the in-person meeting on
 December 5th at MIT and to participate in the dialog
 at the Online Forum.

 Best regards,
   - Daniel Greenwood

 Daniel J. Greenwood, Esq.
 Lecturer, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
 The Media Lab, Program of Media Arts and Science
 Principal, CIVICS.com The InfoSociety Consultancy
 http://ecitizen.mit.edu & www.civics.com
 1770 Mass. Ave, #205, Cambridge, MA 02140 USA
 dang at media.mit.edu

 --- end forwarded text

--- end forwarded text

--
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA