RSA-640 factored

Victor Duchovni Victor.Duchovni at MorganStanley.com
Wed Nov 9 11:54:33 EST 2005

On Wed, Nov 09, 2005 at 05:27:12PM +0100, Simon Josefsson wrote:

> I'm not sure translating complexity into running time is reasonable,
> but pending other ideas, this is a first sketch.

It is not reasonable, because the biggest constraint is memory, not
CPU. Inverting the matrix requires increasingly prohitive quantities
of RAM. Read the DJB hardware GNFS proposal.

--

 /"\ ASCII RIBBON                  NOTICE: If received in error,
 \ / CAMPAIGN     Victor Duchovni  please destroy and notify