Secure Science issues preview of their upcoming block cipher

David Wagner daw at cs.berkeley.edu
Fri Mar 25 11:55:32 EST 2005

Lance James @ Secure Science Corporation writes:
> We will be proposing 2 hashes as well.

Well, that is completely non-responsive to the point Adam made.
You used the term "provably".  Where is your proof?

Did you understand the point Adam is making?  In this field, the term
"provably" means that there you have a mathematical proof.  Do you have
such a proof?  I'm awfully skeptical....

Will you retract the claim that SS2 is "provably just as secure as AES-128"?

As for your future hashes, will you be making similar claims?