I'll show you mine if you show me, er, mine

Arash Partow arash at partow.net
Thu Mar 3 16:07:32 EST 2005

Reading the description from http://www.stealth-attacks.info/, it
seems that Peter might be right. I think this is just a re-hash of
already well established ideas.

In the case of a sending the password back to B, its a very similar
scenario to scene III where Athena suggests to Euripides that the
ticket life-time be once off (once use), Euripides goes "it would
make using services on the network too difficult why not give it a
time stamp for the duration of the person's work day" - a ticket
generating ticket. The play goes on from there, in the end "Charon"
which is then quickly renamed "Kerberos" is made. Then 1988 now 2005,
I would say thats about 13 years... :)

Name of play is "Designing An Authentication System: A Dialogue In Four Scence" by Bill Bryant

Arash
Be one who knows what they don't know,
Instead of being one who knows not what they don't know,
Thinking they know everything about all things.
http://www.partow.net