ATM machine security

Joseph Ashwood ashwood at msn.com
Fri Feb 18 06:14:26 EST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lee Parkes" <leep at bogus.net>
Subject: ATM machine security

> Hi,
> I'm working on a project that requires a benchmark against which to judge
> various suppliers. The closest that has similar requirements is the ATM
> industry. To this end I'm looking for any papers, specifications or
> published
> attacks against ATM machines and their infrastructure. I'm also looking
> for what
> type of networks they use and the crypto they use to protect comms.
> Also any standards would be good that the ATM industry has to adhere to.

Not directly what you are looking for but the BITS standard is applied by
banks so should probably fit well within your needs, it is available at
http://www.bitsinfo.org/ . Also if that doesn't work I've been considering
doing a security requirements for Trust Laboratories, and a solid project
would give me an incentive.
                Joe