link-layer encryptors for Ethernet?

Joseph Tardo tardo at acm.org
Wed Feb 9 00:49:09 EST 2005

DEC used to make one (the DESNC), I don't remember the Xerox product.
Cylink used to make one, and may even still (as Safe-Net).

FWIW, IEEE has working group 802.1ae doing Ethernet MAC layer encryption.
But then, they had 802.10 (only implementation I know of was the DESNC) for
many years before retiring it.

The market for these kinds of devices has been notoriously small. May I ask
what your use case is?

Thanks,
--Joe