crypto wiki -- good idea, bad idea?

Alexander Klimov alserkli at inbox.ru
Mon Dec 12 12:21:42 EST 2005

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005, Travis H. wrote:

> Seems like a lot of new folks (myself included) ask questions that
> have the following answer: Read the literature, no there's no one
> site, that would be too much effort, &c. Would a wiki specifically
> for crypto distribute the burden enough to be useful?

The problem is not the effort on the writer's side (it was actually
done many times in the past), the problem is the effort on the
reader's side and there is no hope to solve it unless direct to brain
information downloading is invented :-)

> Or should we just stick to wikipedia?  Is it doing a satisfactory job?

You can decide it for youself:
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portal:Cryptography>

--
Regards,