spyware targets bank customers. news at 11.

Florian Weimer fw at deneb.enyo.de
Wed Aug 10 13:49:32 EDT 2005

* Adam Fields:

> They stated on their blog that they only did so because they couldn't
> get anyone's attention in law enforcement,

You mean this part?

| We have notified the FBI, but no response just yet. We have notified a
| few of the parties involved. (Update: It looks like they were working
| on the case when after we sent originally sent the data in, but we
| didn't get any response from them at the time indicating they had
| received our data.)

AFAIK, the FBI is a bit like a black hole, so it's a bit hard to work
with them.  On the other hand, not disclosing the details of an
ongoing criminal investigation to non-trusted individuals (and these
people are apparently new to the field) is usually a good idea.
Filing a complaint doesn't mean you are trustworthy.

(However, this has little to do with cryptography. 8-)