Academics locked out by tight visa controls

dan at geer.org dan at geer.org
Tue Sep 21 17:36:46 EDT 2004

Lynn (or anyone) -- I have a small question of
history, viz., when Rome was in its heyday what
sort of rules and so forth did it have about
citizens versus non-citizens in the city?  This
is not to start a long thread, or so I hope, but
if there is a lesson of history rather than
speculation perhaps this would be a good moment
to call for it to be remembered.  Modify the
"Rome" to any place else if the lesson thus
improves in predictive value.

--dan