Financial identity is *dangerous*? (was re: Fake companies, real money)

dan at geer.org dan at geer.org
Tue Oct 26 23:07:25 EDT 2004

This is what I love about the Internet -- ask a question
and get silence but make a false claim and you get all the
advice you can possibly eat.

OK, I (quite happily) stand corrected about why Microsoft
bought Connectix --  it was cheaper given their extensive
dependence on the Virtual PC product, including redistribution
to outside parties.  That's fascinating, actually.

Now the reason I brought this up was it seemed like a Heaven-
sent bit of circumstantial evidence[1] to inference about a
larger business strategy question.  That question still stands,
but I'll have to look harder for corroborating evidence.

--dan, on the road

[1] "Some circumstantial evidence is very strong, like
finding a trout in the milk." -- Henry David Thoreau