Financial identity is *dangerous*? (was re: Fake companies, real money)

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Wed Oct 20 14:30:10 EDT 2004

    --
On 19 Oct 2004 at 21:30, Ian Grigg wrote:
> (In fact, one seems to have failed in the last few days -
> EvoCash -  and another is on the watch list for failure -
> DMT/Alta.  Both of them suffered from business style attacks
> it seemed, rather than what we would call security hacks.)

To clarify, EvoCash was subjected to DDoS attacks, and
persistent attack upon its reputation, both of these seemingly
originating from the operator of a ponzi scheme, presumably for
the purposes of extortion.

> we already have the answer, and have had it for a decade:
> store it on a trusted machine.  Just say no to Windows XP.
> It's easy, especially when he's storing a bearer bond worth a
> car.

What machine, attached to a network, using a web browser, and
sending and receiving mail, would you trust?

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     hrZ6lTrAZYICXnGqF8vLx7tZ1wcjKkoF7d/jKJbF
     4WFPME/Dy9Losvs1g9ZsxwxI0oIYThq0dwJCNpLX9