Undergraduate wireless LAN security project?

Dirk-Willem van Gulik dirkx at webweaving.org
Thu Oct 7 11:33:48 EDT 2004

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004, Damien O'Rourke wrote:

> I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas for a project in wireless
> LAN security for a final year undergraduate? Or something along those

(Free)BSD implementation/BSD license implentation of a 802.1x stack usable
in a wireless environment where your links are rather _untrusted_ and
where even the level of trust in an the wireless nodes is not all that
high (so the more trust which can be build without even having private
keys on nodes the better) - ideally in combination with things like:

	http://wleiden.webweaving.org:8080/svn/node-config/other/banlist-patch/

to deal with things on radio level and avoid abuse up to a certain level.
All in all quite harrd to get right from a practical ops perspective with
just the right level of security. If you need a city wide testbed - we'll
have one for you :-).

DW