Problems with GPG El Gamal signing keys?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Nov 27 03:06:56 EST 2003

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 18:24:12 -0500, Perry E Metzger said:

> Some notes have been floating around claiming that there are bugs in
> GPG's use of El Gamal keys. For example, see:

Yes, that is true.  The message was intended for the known owners of
such keys to give them extra time to revoke the keys.  However one
addresss was from killfile.org and actually a mail-news gateway ...

Yes, yes, I should have removed ElGamal signing key support back in
1998 when there was no more need for it.  I recall that some folks
begged me not to do that and I took the wrong decision.

  Werner

--
Werner Koch                                      <wk at gnupg.org>
The GnuPG Experts                                http://g10code.com