Fwd: New PGP Universal beta: PGP and S/MIME

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Sat Nov 15 03:37:17 EST 2003

fyi

----- Forwarded message from Lucky Green <shamrock at cypherpunks.to> -----

Cpunks,
I spent the last few months working at PGP on a nifty new solution to an
old problem: how to get email encryption deployed more widely without
requiring user education.

Since ideas for solving this problem have been discussed on this mailing
list for over 10 years now, some of you might wish to take a peek at the
solution that we came up with. The public beta of PGP Universal 1.1 is
now yours to download for free from

http://www.pgp.com/products/beta1.1.html

One of the many interesting features of our approach is the ability to
secure all users of a mail server, without the users needing to
understand what encryption is or does, no need for MUA-specific plugins,
interchangeable use of PGP keys or S/MIME, and much more. And yes, you
can still keep your 4096-bit RSA key on your PC only. I am using PGP
Universal myself. It is really cool.

Note that the download of PGP Universal is 322MB in size and requires a
dedicated x86 server to install.

Have fun,
--Lucky Green <shamrock at cypherpunks.to>

----- End forwarded message -----

  \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:" net at madduck

invalid/expired pgp subkeys? use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!

"der beruf ist eine schutzwehr, hinter welche man sich erlaubterweise
 zurückziehen kann, wenn bedenken und sorgen allgemeiner art einen
 anfallen."
                                                 - friedrich nietzsche