Payments as an answer to spam (addenda)

Rich Salz rsalz at datapower.com
Sat May 17 19:17:58 EDT 2003

On Sat, 17 May 2003, Anne & Lynn Wheeler wrote:

>  OCSP is actually a more timely version of the paper booklets
> that were distributed in the 50s & 60s .... not an actual switch from a
> basically offline paradigm to an online paradigm.

Curious.

A couple of years ago, we'd go around explaining that CRL's were the
paper booklets, and OCSP was the Verifone terminal, giving per-transactional
validity to the credentials.

I still think that makes more sense than your analogy.  But then, the
company I was working for back then is now gone.
        /r$
--
Rich Salz                     Chief Security Architect
DataPower Technology          http://www.datapower.com