Russia Intercepts US Military Communications?

Chazzchezz at aol.com Chazzchezz at aol.com
Mon Mar 31 14:59:11 EST 2003

lrkn at earthlink.net writes: The real problem is that flaky
encrypted comms are a tactical problem so it is often
better to use clear comms when time is the issue. Not too
helpful to know what's about to happen if you can't do
anything about it anyway.
----------------------------------
This is a very important point!  I am sure that most of
what is being intercepted is tactical voice, and has very
limited shelf-life.  I am much more concerned about the
apparent lack of good IFF (missile batteries lighting up
the RAF plane that they then shot down; the USAF plane that
reacted to being lit up by firing at and destroying the
ground radar; stories about our close air-support firing
on our tanks and other ground units)!  This sounds like it
is very close to criminal negligence!  Do these units NOT
have IFF or are they not using it or does it just not work
all of the time ?  Geraldo wants to know!! - chazzchezz