Keysigning @ CFP2003

Douglas F. Calvert dfc at anize.org
Tue Mar 25 19:51:39 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-03-25 at 07:52, Janusz A. Urbanowicz wrote:
> > I must be out of touch - since when did
> > PGP key signing require a photo id?
>
> It is an usual requirement for a keysigning party to bring a photo ID to
> validate if theirs key ids are the same as their names (and to get class 3
> key signatures)

I usually reserve class three signatures to people that I know very
well. Casual photo ID and fingerprint verification usually produces a
ersion 2 signature from me. Furthermore GPG also allows for the
insertion of a signature policy URL in a signature. The policy URL is a
description of what process you went through to verify an identity...

--
+  Douglas Calvert dfc at anize.org http://anize.org/dfc/ +
|   Key Id 0xC9541FB2  http://anize.org/dfc-keys.asc   |