Scientists question electronic voting

Barney Wolff barney at pit.databus.com
Thu Mar 6 22:35:22 EST 2003

On Thu, Mar 06, 2003 at 08:38:42PM -0500, Dan Riley wrote:

> But this whole discussion is terribly last century--still pictures are
> passe.  What's the defense of any of these systems against cell phones
> that transmit live video?

A Faraday cage.

Seriously, what current or historic voting system would defend against
these risks?  We certainly don't want an electronic system that is more
vulnerable than existing systems, but sticking with known-to-be-terrible
systems is not a sensible choice either.

--
Barney Wolff         http://www.databus.com/bwresume.pdf
I'm available by contract or FT, in the NYC metro area or via the 'Net.