3-rotor enigma on ebay: $5200

Bill Frantz frantz at pwpconsult.com
Thu Mar 6 21:09:53 EST 2003

At 9:17 AM -0800 3/6/03, Daniel Garcia wrote:
>On Thu, 6 Mar 2003, Don Davis wrote:
>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2162414185
>> i saw this on the boing-boing blog.
>
>Interesting, when i try to look at this from work (over in brighton,
>actually), i get:
>
>	Dear User:
>
>	Unfortunately, access to this particular category or item has
>	been blocked due to legal restrictions in your home country.
>	Based on our discussions with concerned government agencies and
>	eBay community members, we have taken these steps to reduce the
>	chance of inappropriate items being displayed.  Regrettably, in
>	some cases this policy may prevent users from accessing items
>	that do not violate the law. At this time, we are working on
>	less restrictive alternatives. Please accept our apologies for
>	any inconvenience this may cause you, and we hope you may find
>	other items of interest on eBay.
>
>But I can hit it from my dsl line at home (right up the road).
>
>I guess Verizon T1-land is restricted...

I got that on my Safari beta browser.  (Safari is Apple's new browser.)  On
the same machine with the same IP address I got the page using Netscape
4.77.

There seems to be some strangeness with eBay.  (I looked for a way to
report the problem, but lost interest after shuffling through a few of
their web pages.)

Cheers - Bill