NSA being used to influence UN votes on Iraq

Adam Back adam at cypherspace.org
Sun Mar 2 21:04:43 EST 2003

Why is US secret service eavesdropping and dirty tricks against UN
votes on Iraq news worthy?

Because it's an attempt to pervert the political process, and sabotage
the political representation of other UN member countries.

I'm sure it is a little more than delegations bothering to protect
their comms; there is plenty of room in physical bugs, black bag jobs,
political bribery, and even potentially individual blackmail whatever
crypto the delegates may be using.

Adam