pubkeys for p and g

Nomen Nescio nobody at dizum.com
Fri Jun 27 16:30:48 EDT 2003

martin f krafft writes:
> My point was that some commercial vendors (Check Point and others)
> claim, that if two partners want to perform a DH key exchange, they
> may use their two public keys for g and p. This, in effect, would
> mean that g and p were not globally known, but that the public keys
> are used in their place.
> We are writing a book and simply want to have some backup. I am
> almost sure that Check Point is bullshitting (wouldn't be the first
> time), so unless anyone has actually heard of this possibility, I am
> going to write this down and influence a thousand people, basically
> claiming that Check Point is wrong.

Do you have a reference to what exactly Check Point says about this?
Maybe you are misunderstanding or misinterpreting them.  If you could
quote it here verbatim (or provide a link if it is online) we might be
able to understand their claim better.  It would be wise to make sure
it is not a simple misunderstanding before you put something critical
about them in your book.