[IP] Master Key Copying Revealed (Matt Blaze of ATT Labs)

bear bear at sonic.net
Mon Jan 27 12:44:17 EST 2003

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003, Faust wrote:

>Bribe a guard, go to bed with a person with access etc..
>However, that is not the proper domain of a study of rights amplification.

I'm actually not sure of that.  I think that an organized
case-by-case study of "social engineering" breaches would
be valuable reading material for security consultants, HR
staff, employers, designers, and psychologists.  It's not
actually the study of cryptography, but it's a topic near
and dear to the heart of those who need security, just as
Matt's paper on locks.

			Bear