[IP] Master Key Copying Revealed (Matt Blaze of ATT Labs)

Donald Eastlake 3rd dee3 at torque.pothole.com
Mon Jan 27 07:49:12 EST 2003

My message was not a reply to Matt's paper.

It was a reply to a message that said, approximately, "If I wanted to
SECURE A BUILDING the first thing I would do is worry about the LOCK and
replace it with an electric lock..." It did NOT say "If I wanted to
SECURE A LOCK...".

My reply was to point out that the suggested strategy for securing a
building would almost always be the wrong strategy.

I agree that locks and methods of defeating them are intersting.

Thanks,
Donald
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd                       dee3 at torque.pothole.com
 155 Beaver Street              +1-508-634-2066(h) +1-508-851-8280(w)
 Milford, MA 01757 USA                   Donald.Eastlake at motorola.com