[IP] Master Key Copying Revealed (Matt Blaze of ATT Labs)

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Fri Jan 24 15:47:28 EST 2003

The fact that the hole is on the bottom pin is not important.  What is
important is that the hole at the change-key height does not need to
be at the same angular position as the hole at the master-key height.

It's hard to draw ascii art to show what I mean, but because the twist
holes are at a particular height when the key is inserted, you can
certainly see how at different heights the holes can be in different
locations.

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins