fyi: draft XML Key Agreement Specification

Jeff.Hodges at KingsMountain.com Jeff.Hodges at KingsMountain.com
Thu Apr 24 17:00:38 EDT 2003

Phill sent the below msg around to a few lists back in Aug-2001. The draft
spec he's referring to is available here..

http://www.xmltrustcenter.org/research/docs/X-KASS-31.pdf

It defines an ostensibly new cryptographic key agreement algorithm.

Have cryptographer & security protocol designer denizens of these lists
evaluated this stuff? Is anyone willing & able to post their
evaluation/thoughts if so?

thanks,

JeffH

------- Forwarded Message

From: "Hallam-Baker, Phillip" <pbaker at verisign.com>
To: "'saag at mit.edu'" <saag at mit.edu>
Subject: [saag] FYI: XML Key Agreement Specification
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 11:11:45 -0700

All,

	Members of the group may be interested in the attached paper that
describes a key agreement algorithm that establishes a shared secret between
two parties if an only if the two parties hold the private keys identified
in their credentials and requires only a single request/response round trip.

	I am currently working on conversion to Plaintext/RFC format,
although the diagrams loose a considerable amount when converted.

	The anticipated application area is to secure Web Services, hence
the XML syntax. However the same algorithm could be implemented in another
syntax to support other applications (IPSEC, 802.11b security, TLS).

	The paper will be available from the www.xmltrustcenter.org site in
the near future.

	Please send comments directly to me rather than the list.

		Phill

Phillip Hallam-Baker FBCS C.Eng.
Principal Scientist
VeriSign Inc.