DRM technology and policy

David Honig dahonig at cox.net
Tue Apr 22 16:36:45 EDT 2003

At 02:12 PM 4/22/03 -0400, C Wegrzyn wrote:
>in a totally different way. It is meant to keep most of the people
>"honest" but will never stop those that really want at the content. If
>you look at it this way you will see that you don't need to worry about
>stopping every instance just make it hard enough that 80% (90%?) of the
>people can't crack it.

Except that once one person has obtained a (digital=perfectly
copiable) copy (even via a camcorder in a theatre) that content is *free*
to everyone on the Net.  I think this observation is due
to Schneier.

This is why perhaps game-programs can be protected but
non-interactive content for humans can't.