Microsoft marries RSA Security to Windows

Roy M. Silvernail roy at scytale.com
Wed Oct 9 14:45:21 EDT 2002

> Tamper-resistant hardware is out, second channel with remote source is in.
> Trust can be induced this way too, and better. There is no need for
PRNG in plain
> view, no seed value known. Delay time of 60 seconds (or more) is fine
because
> each one-time code applies only to one page served.
>
> Please take a look at:
> http://www.rsasecurity.com/products/mobile/datasheets/SIDMOB_DS_0802.pdf
>
> and http://nma.com/zsentry/

Thanks for the pointers.  I've also received some off-list mail
encouraging me not to dismiss this so quickly.  Time to study up a bit.

(and this, folks, is why I love the net)
           Roy M. Silvernail     [ ]      roy at scytale.com
DNRC Minister Plenipotentiary of All Things Confusing, Software Division
PGP fingerprint =  31 86 EC B9 DB 76 A7 54  13 0B 6A 6B CC 09 18 B6
                Key available from pubkey at scytale.com
          I charge to process unsolicited commercial email