Mitnick starts security company

R. A. Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Thu Oct 10 09:55:48 EDT 2002

http://technology.scmp.com/cgi-bin/gx.cgi/AppLogic+FTContentServer?pagename=SCMP/Printacopy&aid=ZZZRFQ7QX6D

Thursday, October 10, 2002
Hacker starts security company

AGENCE FRANCE-PRESSE in Washington

Kevin Mitnick, the cult figure hacker jailed for breaking into big
corporate computer networks, is starting his own Internet security firm,
according to an interview published this week.

Mr Mitnick, who served nearly five years in prison for stealing corporate
computer secrets, said he had formed the company and would work more
intensely on it when the terms of his supervised release expire in a few
months.

"I am taking my knowledge and experience to help educate government and
industry on how to protect their assets, instead of using my former hobby
to create grief," Mr Mitnick told silicon.com.

Mr Mitnick allegedly broke into computer systems of Motorola, Sun
Microsystems, Qualcomm and others until he was apprehended in 1995.

--
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA