17 Cypherpunks subscribers on watch list, Project Lookout

Hadmut Danisch hadmut at danisch.de
Wed Nov 20 04:58:29 EST 2002

On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 05:52:22PM -0500, R. A. Hettinga wrote:

> We must be vigilant! Civil rights are only for innocents, not guilty
> persons.

It's even worse: I know some american court decisions which
limit the rights given in the american constitution to
american citizens only. E.g. the fourth amendment does not
apply to non-americans, therefore police doesn't even need a
warrant to search their house or computer in the eyes of
US justice.

e.g. the Gorshkov case:

http://www.newsfactor.com/perl/printer/10164/
http://zdnet.com.com/2100-11-529917.html?legacy=zdnn
http://msnbc.com/news/563379.asp?cp1=1

Does anybody know how to get the text of the decision?

regards
Hadmut