Shortcut digital signature verification failure

Ed Gerck egerck at nma.com
Fri Jun 21 14:18:59 EDT 2002

A DoS would not pitch one client against one server. A distributed attack
using several clients could overcome any single server advantage.  A
scalable strategy would be a queue system for distributing load to
a pool of servers and a rating system for early rejection of repeated
bad queries from a source. The rating system would reset the source rating
after a pre-defined time, much like anti-congestion mechanisms on the Net.
Fast rejection of bogus signatures would help, but not alone.

Cheers,
Ed Gerck