The TCPA; What’s wrong; What’s right and what to do about

William A. Arbaugh waa at cs.umd.edu
Sun Jul 21 13:24:11 EDT 2002

We are all aware of the criticisms that the TCPA has received. Ross
Anderson did a good job of explaining the problems in an abstract
fashion, but I felt that there were some things left out (Privacy
concerns). I also wanted to see if the TCPA could provide the good
things- mandatory access control, integrity protection, and secure
storage without the bad things. What I found will appear in an article
in my security column of IEEE Computer next month. However, I wanted to
briefly mention the findings before hand.

http://www.cs.umd.edu/~waa/TCPA/TCPA-goodnbad.html

or

http://www.cs.umd.edu/~waa/TCPA/TCPA-goodnbad.pdf

Bill