Maybe no stego on eBay afterall

Ben Laurie ben at algroup.co.uk
Sun Jul 21 06:47:18 EDT 2002

Hadmut Danisch wrote:
> (Any idea how to make a picture reliably stego free against
> *any* stego detection software?)

Set all the pixels to the same value. Of course, you can trasmit a
couple of bytes of information that way, and some more with the image
size. So, I hereby decree that all pictures will be 256x256 pixels, 8
bits per pixel, all bits set to 1. Guess we need to mandate the
compression method, too, lest you transmit a few bits by choosing it.
So, uncompressed TIFF format. Of course, there's massive benefit to
this. Now all pictures can use the same URL. Consider the massive
bandwidth saving caused by caching. What a benefactor I am.

Cheers,

Ben.