biometrics

Bill Frantz frantz at pwpconsult.com
Wed Jan 23 16:44:03 EST 2002

At 12:11 PM -0800 1/23/02, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
>Biometrics are perhaps useful for things like ATM machines and similar
>situations where the system demanding authentication is composed
>entirely of trusted hardware under the complete physical control of
>the entities demanding the authentication.

I must admit that I worry about the ATMs in places like bars.  These
machines do not seem to have a lot of physical protection.

Cheers - Bill

Bill Frantz           | The principal effect of| Periwinkle -- Consulting
(408)356-8506         | DMCA/SDMI is to prevent| 16345 Englewood Ave.
frantz at pwpconsult.com | fair use.              | Los Gatos, CA 95032, USA