NAI puts PGP into Maintenance

R. A. Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Thu Feb 28 07:50:24 EST 2002

--- begin forwarded text

Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 15:28:17 -0800
From: "PGP" <nai at nai.rsc01.com>
Subject: Important Information regarding PGP Desktop/Wireless Encryption
Products
To: rah at ibuc.com

the instructions at the bottom of the page.]

February 26, 2002

Dear Valued Customer,

Since October 11th of last year, we have been diligently searching to find
a suitable
buyer for the PGP Desktop/Wireless encryption products in order to provide
a strong
partner for our customers. This search has not resulted in an appropriate
buyer who will
continue to develop and support the products while providing value to existing
customers. Therefore, the decision has been made to place our PGP
Desktop/Wireless
encryption products in maintenance mode.

The support team at Network Associates will continue to honor all support
agreements
for existing PGP Desktop/Wireless customers until their date of
termination. However,
effective immediately Network Associates will cease new development on these
products, and not sell additional licenses, services and support
agreements. Once
again, we reiterate that we will continue to honor all technical support
agreements for
the entire duration of the contract.

The PGP technology and source code will remain under the control and
ownership of
Network Associates. Other products that utilize this encryption technology
will remain
a part of Network Associates’ current product portfolio and they will
continue to be
developed in order to meet the security needs of both new and existing Network
Associates customers. These products currently include McAfee E-Business
Server,
McAfee Desktop Firewall and McAfee VPN Client.

We pledge to you our complete efforts to assist you through this
transition, and to
ensure that your experience as a customer remains positive. We continue to
focus on
delivering to you superior technology and product solutions to help you
meet your
business needs. Our customers are our most valuable asset, and we look
forward to
continuing to work in partnership with you in the future.

Best Regards,

Sandra England
Executive Vice President of
Strategic Business Development and Research

original message attached.

 * To change your email address, send us a reply with the words,
"change-address" in the subject line. In the body of the message
include your old and new email addresses with the original
message.

  Use the following format for email changes:

  OLD: enduser at olddomain.com
  NEW: Joseph_User at newdomain.com

This message was sent by Network Associates, Inc. using Responsys Interact
(TM).

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail from Network Associates, Inc.:
    http://nai.rsc01.net/servlet/optout?gHpgJDVZBEkHoFpINJDJhtE0

To view our permission marketing policy:
    http://www.rsvp0.net

--- end forwarded text

--
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA