Which internet services were used?

Hadmut Danisch hadmut at danisch.de
Mon Sep 17 11:52:15 EDT 2001

On Mon, Sep 17, 2001 at 09:10:48AM -0500, Matt Crawford wrote:

> The only details I've heard are that the terrorists have "elaborate
> web sites" to "recruit and solicit donations."  Far short of
> operational use of the internet.

They had two websites in Germany, one for recruiting people
(www.qoqaz.de) and soliciting money (www.azzam.de), as
german newsmagazine DER SPIEGEL reports
(see http://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/politik/0,1518,157199,00.html )

The websites were closed a few days ago. Just before
one of it was closed, a hacker allegedly broke into it
and downloaded the 500 member addresses of a newsletter
mailing list.
(see http://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/medien/0,1518,157759,00.html)

Allegedly one of the list members is one of the terrorists.

Hadmut