chip-level randomness?

R. A. Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Fri Sep 14 09:51:41 EDT 2001

I'm rooting around for stuff on hardware random number generation.

More specificially, I'm looking to see if anyone has done any
entropy-collection at the chip-architecture level as part of the logic of a
chip.

I saw somewhere the intel had done it as part of the Pentium, for instance,
but I can't find out whether it's an actual entropy collector, or just a
PRNG.

Cheers,
RAH

--
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA