anon. registration (was Re: Computer Security Division Activities)

Carl Ellison cme at acm.org
Sun Oct 14 05:51:02 EDT 2001

At 12:35 AM 10/14/2001 GMT, David Wagner wrote:
>Mike Brodhead  wrote:
>>Just about all of the private-sector conferences I have attended
>>require registration.
>
>I think this is a poor example.  I expect you'd be welcome to use
>the name 'John Smith' and pay cash, if you like.

Using the name John Smith should be fine.  I don't remember ever
being carded at a conference.

Using cash might be a hassle.  What if they don't have a cash box?

BTW, the counter person at my local post office explained to me
recently that they're pushing for credit card payments rather than
cash, because it's cheaper for them to process.  I find that really
hard to believe, but it's the story I'm getting.