What's the state of the art in one-pass integrity/encryption?

Radia Perlman - Boston Center for Networking Radia.Perlman at Sun.COM
Sat Nov 24 17:29:42 EST 2001

In the last few years I've heard of some one-pass schemes
(schemes that with one cryptographic pass over the data encrypt
the data and generate an integrity check), and I've
also heard of some schemes being broken. Does anyone know what
schemes have been broken and which schemes are still considered secure?
Are these schemes mature enough to be considered in standards? And
does anyone know about the patent status of these schemes?

References to papers would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Radia