use of digital signatures and PKI

R. A. Hettinga rah at shipwright.com
Thu May 31 14:11:50 EDT 2001

--- begin forwarded text

From: Gócza Zoltán <goczaz at nextramail.hu>
To: <dbs at philodox.com>
Subject: use of digital signatures and PKI
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 19:18:30 +0200
Sender: <dbs at philodox.com>

Hi!

I have just read Jane K. Winn's paper, "The Emperor's New Clothes:  The
Shocking Truth About Digital Signatures and Internet Commerce".

As far as I can remember, it was mentioned on the list.

I wonder if you could make any comments whether digital signatures are
really NOT used worldwide as the paper states! Unfortunately I could not
find any research or survey. Any reference would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Zoli

--- end forwarded text

--
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA