Russian Duma Adopts Law On Digital Signatures

Pawel Krawczyk kravietz at aba.krakow.pl
Mon Dec 17 05:45:02 EST 2001

> It does not mean the bill is "good"; in fact, it is "bad" from many
> aspects. Its preparation and lobbying was a real mess, four years long
> with undercarpet struggle. Its language is unclear, many definitions
> are elusive and many articles in fact endorse ambiguous
> interpretation. Unfortunately I have not several hours needed to
> translate the text and comments :(

Interesting how laws are passed in the part of world, as Polish digital
signature law was also passed with lots of private businesses being
done in both Parliament and Senate, against advice of the expert
comission created by the Parliament itself (sic!)  and agains the EU
recommendations. So we have the law enacted, but everyone is expecting
that to be changed soon to become usable, and definitely to make it
compliant with EU law.

--
Pawel Krawczyk
Krakow, POLAND