[Cryptography] composing EC & RSA encryption?

Tony Arcieri bascule at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 14:36:24 EDT 2015

On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 10:18 AM, Watson Ladd <watsonbladd at gmail.com> wrote:

> We don't need postquantum signatures until quantum computers exist.

And even then there are robust, stateless schemes for post-quantum
signatures like SPHINCS we could start using today if we wanted to, but why
bother?

> But data you generate and want to secure now until even after quantum
> computing requires postquantum encryption.

The great irony of post-quantum crypto: the thing we don't need now
(signatures) is the easiest, the thing we need now (encryption/key
exchange) is the hardest

--
Tony Arcieri