[Cryptography] TLS2

Adam Back adam at cypherspace.org
Mon Sep 30 04:02:09 EDT 2013

If we're going to do that I vote no ASN.1, and no X.509.  Just BNF format
like the base SSL protocol; encrypt and then MAC only, no non-forward secret
ciphersuites, no baked in key length limits.  I think I'd also vote for a
lot less modes and ciphers.  And probably non-NIST curves while we're at it.
And support soft-hosting by sending the server domain in the client-hello.
Add TOFO for self-signed keys.  Maybe base on PGP so you get web of trust,
thogh it started to get moderately complicated to even handle PGP
certificates.

Adam