[Cryptography] Opening Discussion: Speculation on "BULLRUN"

Andreas Davour koraq at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 10 06:13:12 EDT 2013

> On Mon, Sep 09, 2013 at 06:41:23AM -0700, Andreas Davour wrote:
>>  >So there *is* a BTNS implementation, after all. Albeit
>>  >only for OpenBSD -- but this means FreeBSD is next, and
>>  >Linux to follow.
>>
>>  I might add that as far as I know, this work has not been picked up
>>  yet by neither FreeBSD, nor Linux, so if you feel like giving the
>>  project a hand pushing it into the mainstream, I'm pretty sure mc
>>  would be very happy.  I.e.  I don't think anything is following on
>>  this work unless someone reading this helps making that happen.
>>  Personally I have neither the skills nor the contacts needed.
>
> To use btns, you need iked installed:
>
> from http://hack.org/mc/projects/btns/howto.html
>
> "Please note:  The BTNS implementation is currently very experimental
> and should be used with caution."
>
> Doesn't sound like this is production ready?

It isn't. Thus my addition to Eugen's suggestion that other operating system implementations are to follow, and my suggestion that you might want to hack on the project.

But, I wanted to let people engaged by the topic of btns know of an implementaion, since at least there is a start!

/andreas
--
"My
 son has spoken the truth, and he has sacrificed more than either the