[Cryptography] Keeping backups (was Re: Separating concerns

Dirk-Willem van Gulik dirkx at webweaving.org
Fri Sep 6 03:18:34 EDT 2013

Would be interested & interesting. Been doing the same thing with on-chipcard generated public keys to to the 'reverse' - be able to wipe a part of your off-site backup store by cutting up the secret. So I think there is a general case - and I've got a gut feeling that when propably analysed some of the usual assumptions around KDFs do not quite hold (as in effect one can often cause a lot of known plaintext to be passed in).

Dw.

Op 3 sep. 2013, om 17:02 heeft Phillip Hallam-Baker <hallam at gmail.com> het volgende geschreven: