[Cryptography] Implementations, attacks on DHTs, Mix Nets?

Peter Gutmann pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz
Thu Sep 5 21:42:47 EDT 2013

[Apparently a pile of my mail got dropped, the following few messages are re-sends]

The Doctor <drwho at virtadpt.net> writes:

>It might be a reasonable way of protecting PGP key information in DNS records
>so that someone doesn't try inserting their own when it's looked up.

And that's the problem with DNS, it's the only global distributed database
that we've got, so everyone wants to use it as the universal substrate for,
well, anything.  We'd just need to get draft-ietf-dnsind-kitchen-sink-02.txt
adopted and people could cram anything they liked into the DNS.

Peter.