[Cryptography] "U.S. Has Made ‘Dramatic Change’ in Technology Used for Nuclear Code System"

Peter Gutmann pgut001 at cs.auckland.ac.nz
Sun Oct 16 23:06:06 EDT 2022

Jerry Leichter <leichter at lrw.com> writes:

>Apparently something about the whole presidential approval system for nuclear
>war has been completely changed very recently

Maybe the timing of the change is just coincidence, but perhaps the prospect
of a president ordering a nuclear strike on a hurricane motivated a top-to-
bottom revamp of the authorisation process.  I would imagine that a convenient
side-effect of this tech upgrade is that it's now a lot harder to do anything
without adult supervision.

Peter.